Newsmakers October 2013
- Tee Tua Ba (AMP ‘90) has been appointed Singapore’s Ambassador to Switzerland (non-resident).; He was previously Singapore’s Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates.
- Olivier Calloud (MBA ‘01J) has been appointed CEO of bank Piguet Galland & Cie.
- Anna Casse (MBA ‘91D) has joined ARIAD Pharmaceuticals as head Marketing and Sales Europe.
- Denys Chamay (MBA ’67) , has been appointed as a member of the International Labour Office’s Independent Oversight Advisory Committee in addition to his ongoing role at BCGE.
- Philippe Durr (AMP ‘04Oct) has been appointed head of Romande Energie Commerce with effect
from 7 January 2013 and he will also sit on the Group’s Executive Board.
- Guido Fürer (IEP ‘00Feb) has been appointed to the Group Executive Committee of Swiss Re Ltd as
Group Chief Investment Officer with effect from 1 November 2012.
- Roman Kurmann (IEP F/S ‘05Apr), the former CFO of Clariden Leu Group, has been appointed Chief
Financial Officer and a Member of the Executive Committee of EFG Financial Products Holding.
- Andrea Orcel (MBA ‘90J) has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of UBS Investment Bank, having
been co-CEO and a member of the UBS Group Executive Board since July 2012.
- Urs Widmer (MBA ‘98D) has been appointed COO and member of the Executive Board of SIX Swiss